Tuesday 7 December 2010

Get Him to the Greek

Running away from Sergio
This film is what made me want to get a furry wall in my house. It's about washed up rock star Aldous Snow (Russel Brand) who releases a new song 'African Child'. It is deemed one of the worst things ever. Meanwhile, Aaron Green (Jonah Hill) works for a music company run my incredibly angry overlord Sergio (Sean Combs) he suggests that they get Aldous Snow to play a comeback gig at the Greek theatre, Sergio agrees but on the one condition that Aaron has 3 days to get Aldous from London to California. Trials and tribulations occur that make me wonder why this wasn't an 18 and the ending is kinda nice but 2 things stood out for me in this film: the sheer inappropriateness with the least explained sex scene in movie history and Sean Combs, he pretty much plays himself but the fact that he's so serious when he's spouting these great jokes is a joy to behold. He sends such text messages as 'Where the f*** are you, I will f****ng kill you :-)' and he wants Pharell to be gangsta' in a song called 'I'm Gangsta' (Duhhhhhhhhhh)

Sergio ticking off Aaron
All in all this film is funny with a slightly serious side that's not worth taking notice of, I want to see Russel Brand ans Sean Combs in more films

When the Jeffrey gets ya' stroke the furry wall.
Verdict:7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment